The weekend is finally here. Time to sit back, plan out what games are going to be on TV today (now that hockey's on I get to throw those games in the mix too), double check the NASCAR race is not a Saturday night race, then compare all of those games against the time table for taking Andrew to his game and what ever other tasks that need to be accomplished today. Next up, sit back and wait 3 more hours until College Gameday begins.
In the mean time I get to sit here and watch a little Smurf action on Boomerang. For those of you with out kids you may not be aware of this station. This network takes you back to when cartoons were cartoons and they actually aired new episodes each week. The line up this morning goes a little like this... Sesame Street, Popeye, Smurfs, Snorks, Pink Panther, Jetsons, Batfink, Captain Caveman, Cattanooga Cats, Huckleberry Hound (2 Hours). By now we are up to 4 o'clock so the schedule doesn't matter too much because football is on and we've all ready left for Andrew's game. But the point is I can sit and watch these cartoons with a lot less pain then the Captain Mutant Bey Blade Yugio-mon Power Rangers. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind a little Sponge Bob but obviously I am way off point here, if you read the title of this article I didn't come here to write about cartoons.
So as I am waiting for Gameday to begin I got to reading the following Interview with Tony Dungy. The Q&A reminded me of Dungy's interview right after winning the Super Bowl and I remembered how impressed I was with his response. In a culture where it is just common nature to "thank the lord" for your accomplishment it was refreshing to hear to a little sincerity in Dungy voice. Unlike our local hero Mr. Vick (skip to about the 3:00 mark) who felt it was "the right thing to do, right now". Now granted there is the chance Mikey is sincere but I tend to discredit what people who speak in the third person say. That's just me.
In a sports world where T.O., Mike Vick, and Ocho-Cinco himself (Chad Johnson) are all the rage (figuratively and literally) people like Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning come along and help restore a little faith in the system. Typically I'm not a bandwagon type person, after all I stated in a previous blog that I've routed for Detroit sports faithfully for years. In fact, I tend to pull against the wagon. However, it's people like Dungy and Manning that make it easier for me to justify routing for the Colts.
To all my family and friends in and around Indianapolis this blog should make you happy, I had you hooked at the title didn't I?
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment