In case you missed it last night was (sort of) opening night of Hockey season. Thanks go out to the Versus network, because of them I got to watch my Red Wings play in High Def on our brand new 37" HDTV...oh it's SOOOOO NICE. Not only did I get to see the Wings win, they won in an OT Shootout (who is Jiri Hudler by the way). It was a good way to start the season especially against last years Stanley Cup Champs. I don't know why I am getting all excited right now with another 81 more games, it's still a long season. Plus if history runs it's course the Wings will score another 110+ points (113 last year), win another President's trophy (best regular season record) and then get punted from the playoffs by a far less superior team (likely in the first or second round to boot).
Hey you can't blame me for having a little sarcasm and slight lack of faith...I've routed for Detroit sports my entire life. You begin to add up all of the regular season play for the Tigers, Lions, Spartan football, and throw in the Wings post season collapses...that's a lot of heartbreak for a kid!
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I feel your pain, Scott. My dad and sister went to State, and my mom and dad grew up in Port Huron, MI. So I root for MSU, Tigers, and Wings. But the Lions are just too disappointing for me.
Post a Comment