According to researchers at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, U.K., during a leadership study, swearing in the workplace makes the workplace more tolerable. Now I have been known to let one fly every now and then, but just like we've been trying to teach Andrew, there is a time and place for certain things. For the record we've been teaching him about knowing when and where certain things are acceptable and when they aren't, we haven't been teaching him to swear...just wanted to clear that up. Back to my point of time and place for everything, I may be old fashioned but I still just don't think the workplace is the right place for it. Yeah I understand throwing a good fit releases stress and tension but I just can't imagine doing that in front of all your coworkers (let alone any supervisor or executive that may be passing by at the time). It just doesn't seem like good self promotion. I can also say I don't think I would be that comfortable with someone else throwing them out there all the time. You also run into the problem of where do you draw the line (every office has that one guy with no self control), how do you police all of this? This would just be opening a huge gray area which again makes me glad I didn't select human resources as my chosen field.
Now times are a changing and I suppose under the right circumstances I could be persuaded to change. Especially if I worked here. (WARNING this link may be somewhat off color and offensive but I found it funny and since this is my blog I can do whatever I want... at least until my wife tells me not too...so there)
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment