Friday, October 31, 2008

Preparing to Fail

I could not believe what I was reading when I read this article (actually I could). Barack Obama is finally giving details to one of his plans. Unfortunately the plan is to begin the process of lowering the expectations of his legions. The process of bringing his followers down to Earth and the realization that he is not the Messiah, he will not deliver us from evil. He is a smooth talking politician who has said whatever it would take to get into office and has succeeded. Now he needs to defend himself from his own successful rhetoric.

His entire campaign has been based on "Change", no real policy, just "Change". It's like in grad school on the first case study I wrote a paper on, in it I discussed how this particular organization needed more effective communication. Sounded good, but my Professor completely slammed me because it had no content, no explanation of what "effective communication" meant or even how to achieve it.

Obama has given great sound bites and he has motivated the masses. He did such a great job that he now realizes he has built his campaign on the unachievable. The reality of what he will face if and when he becomes Commander and Chief has now started to become well, reality. The "change" that has come to be expected from him...will not come in the time frame demanded...and he knows that.

Biden began the process of bracing people for failure a few weeks ago when he spoke on how Obama will be tested in his first six months and continued with how "they [Obama Donors] would have to stand with them because it wouldn't be apparent that Senator Obama would have the right response". Now Obama continues this process.

The house of cards will fall and when it does...will people wake up and see the reality or continue to listen to the rhetoric?

No comments: