Friday, December 28, 2007

Have a Little Consistency

I am all for fighting for your rights and standing up for your cause, my issue though comes when your fundamental principles don't match your arguments. Case in point, here are two arguments I heard the other day, from the same person.

Argument 1
Our government is so messed up, they can't do anything right. Look how they botched the handling of the aftermath of Katrina! There were private companies doing more for the people down there then our government did.


Followed by...

Argument 2
This country has a huge problem with our medical system. If they don't switch to some sort of government run system our poor will just continue to diminish due to their lack of adequate/affordable medical coverage.

Do you see where I am going here...

It's good to have a cause but what exactly was this guys? Other then listening to popular complaints and making them his own or maybe he just likes to complain. Which brings me to another point. Why is it that liberals like to just get down right nasty about things? There is no just accepting that someone has a different point of view and moving on, how many times do they just have to get fowl about the other person. Yes conservatives can do it too, I'm not saying there aren't some out there, but typically liberals just tend to go off on their opposition. It's like why I couldn't pull for Michigan while living there or why I have a difficult time cheering for Florida even though I like there coach and QB. There fans are just arrogant and rude.

Here's a great example...a column out of the Baltimore Chronicle. Global Warming Will Save America from the Right...Eventually Paints a nice rosie picture huh? But wait they get better. Here's another Beyond the point of no return (honestly though I stopped reading after the third or fourth rant, skipped to the end to see if he wrapped it up with some sort of profound point).

I must say this crosses Baltimore off my list of potential places to move too...okay so it wasn't really on there to begin with...but you get the point.

No comments: