Well it's been over two weeks since I last posted anything. Apparently the well has run dry. I've kind of eased up and I am rolling on the downward side of the economics phase that I was going through. I just can't seem to get excited in thinking/reading about the economy anymore...gee wonder why...and there has been no immediate replacement jumping on in to fill the void. I can't complain about my job because I actually like my new one and I'm pretty much tired of politics, the economy and global warming. I need a new Topic of the Day! The search is on! Any ideas?
In sports this is called the dog days of summer. You know those months from late June when the NHL and NBA playoffs have both concluded to September before preseason NFL begins. It's that time when the only thing on SportsCenter is Major League Baseball and reruns of past World Series of Poker tournaments. That's where I am right now. I'm at that moment when you are sitting on your couch watching with great anticipation as this relatively unknown newcomer Chris Moneymaker goes all in with the weaker hand. As you sit there questioning if it was the right play, if he'll win or loose, only to see him catch a card on the river and keep his quest alive. You know that moment that you suddenly realize...ummmm....I all ready know he wins the tournament...what am I doing...I'm watching reruns of a 5 year old poker tournament! Yeah that's me.
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment