So I may have it, my new flight of fancy that is. Are you ready? Here it is...Enlightened Capitalism. I know you are sitting there saying huh? What the heck is Enlightened Capitalism? Well I don't really know either but I heard Glenn Beck use it in a short blurb on his television show this past Thursday.
Here is the transcript:
By the way, the "American Idol Gives Back" show is actually an interesting one. It`s a great one. Last year`s broadcast raised $76 million for charities in the U.S. and Africa. But the best part is, everybody wins. This is the way to do business in America. Everybody wins.
Look at it. "American Idol" does an extra night of TV, which gives FOX another night of "American Idol" ratings. Celebrities, apparently politicians as well get to look engaged in saving the world. Some of them actually are engaged from time to time. Charities get more money. Advertisers look great, viewers are entertained, and best of all, it`s all within the bounds of enlightened capitalism.
This is the way it`s supposed to work, another example of private business doing good while doing good business. "American Idol," you get it. Congratulations.
See it's got a nice ring to it doesn't it? I'm not to sure where or how far I'll be able to go with it but let's give it a go...
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment