Here's another office sanity test...or more an example of how my sanity is being tested in this office.
How is it that whenever I go to fill up my mug of coffee in the morning I am always the person who has to make the coffee? I go in to the break room at 8:15, as I did yesterday, and make the first pot. I go into the break room at 9:25, as I just did, and guess what...I make the first pot. Fine, no problem, not a hard (or long) process. Place filter in empty drip bin, tear open prepackaged bag, dump coffee into filter, replace bin, flip switch to brew...wait 5 minutes...pour coffee into mug, consume.
Now I don't mind being the person who makes the coffee every morning. That's not the key question. In fact it gives me a sense of purpose, okay maybe not, but honestly I don't mind the 30 seconds it takes. Here's the part that gets me, here's the sanity check. How is it that I'm always the first person to make the coffee but yet, again regardless of when I make it, I am never the first one to take a cup of the freshly brewed coffee. Every single time I go back to get the coffee (except when I intentionally stand right there) there is always some all ready poured out. How is that? Where do these people come from? And no there are not any visible cameras...I'VE LOOKED!!!
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment