Well I figure I need to get back to writing these little posts now that I have taken a couple weeks off. I have to admit this is my own little therapy session, I'm sorry I subject you to it all but I guess you don't really have to read it if you don't want too. I wrote about something similar a couple of months ago when it was told to me that I couldn't listen to talk radio anymore at work. I discussed how listening to talk radio helped me to clarify all the crazy talk running through my head. Well writing this blog does the same. I have found that after mulling everything over in my head taking the time to spew it all out on to here helps to not only provide a little clarity of my thoughts and views but it helps put an end to the madness by getting it out, at least until I receive more info on the subject and it comes up again. Anyways now I am really off point and no where near where my thought process was when I sat down to write this post.
Okay. I wrote back in November (What a Run) about what a crazy past few years we have had since we got married back in July of 2003. With the new year and I began to reflect on this past year and realized it was just par for the course. Amongst the craziness of being married with 3, now 4, kids in the house let's share a little of my year on top of that:
April - Broke the 30 barrier then only a month later...
May - Bought my first Mini-van
May to January - Began and continued and continued and continued a job search due to impending lay-off at Sheraton.
June - Interviewed (on a professional courtesy basis) with one of our hotels in Birmingham AL. Before leaving the hotel the day after the interview I was offered their open position. Even though I was more then open before going down for the interview that I did not want to move, my rejection of the offer was widely met with disappointment (by people in the company). Reference this month again after seeing September and December.
July - Got layed off from Sheraton. In the last week of employment I received a 3-6 month contract position at John Deere thus allowing no gap in income.
September - Applied for open position at Westin Buckhead upon hearing of opening from my old boss at Sheraton I called the Controller regarding opening...still waiting for call to be returned.
October - Samantha is born 2-3 weeks early amongst a little drama as well as a little scare regarding the condition of her heart (of course we found out later that everything is okay).
November - Contract with John Deere ends, three weeks before I am done I receive an offer to begin at ACS on a 90 day temp to perm basis. Again allowing no gap in income.
December - Received a letter that I would not be asked to come back for a second interview for my old position at the new W hotel. No reason given, no explanation provided...only a letter saying "It was good to see you again but..." sent by someone who wasn't even there on my first meeting. Also, on Christmas I spoke, on the phone, with my daughter Jordyn for the first time.
Based out of a lot of this I have been drafting my resolutions, which I'll share here in the next week, for 2008. Needless to say it's been a very taxing year and I am looking forward to a less eventful 2008.
Thank you, British Academy
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment